There are just a few steps left between you and protecting your phone against spam calls and texts! Please note: the order of these steps may vary slightly.
To see a video walk through of the onboarding process click here.
- Provide us with your information
To start, you’ll provide us with your email address by entering it manually or signing in using Google or Apple. Doing this will allow us to notify you of important updates and useful tips to get the most out of Robokiller.
Next, and more importantly, you’ll verify your phone number by entering a code that is texted to you. Then, if you’re based in the US, you’ll be able to select your carrier from a list of popular options (or enter it manually if you don’t see it!). Don't worry if you don't see this at all - that just means we were able to detect your carrier automatically.
- Allow notifications
In order to do its job, Robokiller needs to be allowed to send you notifications. This ensures that you will get the calls you want and be notified when the app has blocked a call.
- Help us determine your spam sensitivity level
Let us know how often you’re receiving spam calls and how often you’re receiving important calls from unknown numbers and we will help determine the right level of spam protection for you - standard or advanced. Once you complete setup, you can shift between these two levels in your Settings.
The major difference between the two is that standard blocking blocks only known spam numbers and you decide whether or not to answer unknown phone numbers. Advanced screens all unknown numbers, analyzing to check if they are spam, before sending them back to you to answer. It also allows you to use the call screening feature. With both settings you’ll be able to set up things like Answerbot and see a list of blocked and missed calls in the Robokiller app.
Note: it is possible that your carrier does not support call forwarding, in which case you will have basic support which is very similar to standard blocking but does not allow for features like Answerbot.
- Configure settings
There are just a few things left to do! Depending on your protection setting, this step will look slightly different.
- Allow access to contacts - regardless of your protection setting, you will need to allow Robokiller to access your contacts. This ensures that your saved numbers are never blocked or screened.
- Enable call blocking (basic and standard) - this will allow Robokiller to automatically block known spam calls, so you never have to worry about them!
- Silence unknown calls (advanced only) - as part of advanced blocking, all unknown calls will be sent to Robokiller to analyze before (non-spam) calls are sent back to you. Enabling the “Silence Unknown Callers” setting on your phone allows this process to run smoothly.
- Enable call forwarding (standard and advanced) - last but not least, setting up call forwarding is a crucial step to unlocking all of the power of Robokiller for standard and advanced level users. This process involves calling a predetermined number and verifying a successful connection was made. Don’t worry, the app walks you through this step by step.
- Give ‘phone call logs’ and ‘manage phone calls’ access -this allows Robokiller to immediately know who’s calling you without having to forward the call to our backend for identification.
- Make Robokiller your default caller ID and spam app - in order for Robokiller to be able to block spam calls it needs to be the default caller ID and spam app on your phone.
- Allow access to contacts - you will need to allow Robokiller to access your contacts. This ensures that your saved numbers are never blocked or screened.
- Enable call forwarding (advanced only) - last but not least, setting up call forwarding is a crucial step to unlocking all of the power of Robokiller for advanced level users. This process involves calling a predetermined number and verifying a successful connection was made. Don’t worry, the app walks you through this step by step. Once this is set up, you’ll be able to enable important features like Answerbot and Call Screening (for advanced).
There are just a few other things to set up that aren't included in onboarding - by clicking the Settings icon on the lower right of the app you'll be able to easily configure SMS protection, answer bots, and call screening.
Please sign in to leave a comment.